Windows Phone News: Giving 5 Nokia Lumia 800 to homebrew devs who need them!!!

Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Giving 5 Nokia Lumia 800 to homebrew devs who need them!!!


Justin Angel former Microsoft Silverlight Program Manager is giving away 5 Nokia Lumia 800 devices to homebrew developers.He is personally giving away these devices so if you are interested in this offer check his announcement.


Here is his announcement:

Hi folks,  

I'm giving away 5 WP7 Nokia Lumia 800 carrier unlocked devices to homebrew devs who need them. 

  • My goal is to give this hardware out to devs who will use it for either: 
  • Port existing homebrew apps/features/hacks to Nokia Lumia 800. 
  • Create new Nokia Lumia specific homebrew apps/features/hacks. 
  • Anything else that you can convince me makes sense. 


"I want one of these free phones, what's next?"  
Respond to this forum post with the following information: 
  • What will you use the Nokia Lumia 800 for? (see the aforementioned list of goals) 
  • Up to 3 links (+ explanation) showing that you have the previous experience required to meet your development goal. 
  • Anything else you think will help you get one of the Lumia 800 phones. 


More details and fine print 

  • I'm the one giving away phones, not any previous or future employer of mine.
  • I'll choose who gets the phones and I'll do so at my own discretion. 
  • I'm under no obligation to anyone about anything. It's mine, my own, my precious. Twitter proof this is a Justin Angel Genuine Offer™ @ https://twitter.com/#!/JustinAngel/s...62884024385537 
  • Picture of the fabled phones @ http://twitpic.com/7r1731 (The 6th phone in this picture is now my personal phone and it's awesome) 
  • Recipients of this give-away will be announced on this forum, and via private message asking for contact details. 
  • The giveaway ends when submissions have tapered off. At minimum that'll be on 23/12/2011. 
  • If giving you a 700$ phone isn't OK under your local laws (e.g. government employees) please don't submit your name. 
  • This giveaway is available world-wide. However if you live outside the USA, 
  • I'll need to figure out how to ship the phones to you, so it'll take a little longer. 
  • If you can't comment on this forum due to the 10+ minimum posts, you can email your details to me directly at J@JustinAngel.net.

More info at forum.xda-developers 

No comments:

Post a Comment